15 Best Self Help Books on Career Guidance to Boost Your Career
Want to get in some summer reading and benefit from career guidance at the same time? We have created a list with some of the best self help books of all time that will boost your career and inspire you to achieve your goals. Discover our 15 favorite, career oriented best self help books / self improvement books below and dare to succeed in your future!
1. Career Warfare: 10 Rules for Building a Successful Personal Brand on the Business Battlefield (David D’Allessandro)
As far as self help books are concerned, some of the most significant ones focus on building a powerful and inspiring personal brand. Learn how to market your abilities and maintain a flawless reputation with this fantastic book written by David D’Allessandro.
No products found.
2. How to Stress Less: Simple Ways to Stop Worrying and Take Control of Your Future (Benjamin Bonetti)
The worst disease of the 21st century is, without a doubt, stress. In order to pave a successful path for your career and future, not to mention your mental and physical health, then you really need to learn how to control your emotions and say goodbye to stress.
No products found.
3. The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People (Carol Eikelberry)
One of the best self improvement books for creatives out there is the Career Guide written by Carol Eikelberry. If you can’t imagine yourself in a corporate environment and a CEO breathing down your neck, find out how you can use your creativity to make a living.
4. Now What?: The Young Person’s Guide to Choosing the Perfect Career (Nicholas Lore)
Fresh out of college, but not sure where to start? Nicholas Lore provides an excellent guide for young future professionals in one of the best self help books when embarking on a career journey.
5. Job Searching with Social Media for Dummies, 2nd edition (Joshua Waldman)
Hate it or love it, social media is essential for finding a job. If you’re not quite sure how to juggle Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter at the same time to snag an interview, check out Joshua Waldman’s book. It’s also useful for seeing what not to post on your online profiles if you want to maintain a good impression in the eyes of potential employers.
6. What Color is Your Parachute: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters & Career-Changers (Richard Nelson Bolles)
Regarded as one of the best career books of all time, “What Color is Your Parachute” truly lives up to its name as a practical manual for job-hunters. Updated yearly, Richard Nelson Bolles’ book will give you all the info you need to land your dream job.
7. Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies (Jim Collins)
If you are an entrepreneur or you want to adjust your career to become one, you have to learn from the best. Jim Collins analyzes some of the most profitable companies in the world in this book for inspiration and guidance.
8. Never Eat Alone (Keith Ferrazzi)
Networking should be a top priority if you are looking to boost your career or find the job of your dreams. Keith Ferrazzi explains why you should “Never Eat Alone” and other networking techniques in this worthwhile book.
9. Mistakes I Made At Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect On What They Got Out Of Getting It Wrong (Jessica Bacal)
Independent women will love this book. Read about 25 powerful ladies and the mistakes they learned from in order to obtain the amazing careers they enjoy today.
10. Escape from Corporate America: A Practical Guide to Creating the Career of Your Dreams (Pamela Skillings)
Hate 9 to 5 jobs? Pamela Skillings’ book is definitely for you. You don’t need a corporate job to make a successful living and you will soon understand why and how to do it.
11. Springboard: Launching Your Personal Search for Success (G. Richard Shell)
Written by a Business professor, Springboard will help you understand what career path is right for you and how to see your dreams come true.
12. The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be (Jack Canfield)
Best-selling coauthor of “Chicken Soup for the Soul” teaches readers how to get one step closer to success. Learn from the “Success Principles” and further your career.
No products found.
13. The 4-Hour Workweek (Timothy Ferriss)
One of the best-selling Amazon books for careers of all time, “The 4-Hour Workweek” might very well change your perspective not only on careers, but on time and life in general. Get inspired!
14. The Leap: Launching Your Full-Time Career in Our Part-Time Economy (Robert Dickie)
Why make money from one job when you can have multiple sources of income? Robert Dickie explains how in his praised book, “The Leap”.
15. Now, Discover Your Strengths (Marcus Buckingham, Donald O. Clifton)
Before choosing a career, you must be aware of your qualities and how to use them to make a living. If you don’t know where to start, read this book and see what direction your career should be taking.
Last update on 2022-01-17 at 23:23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API